Quick table question

liunx

Could someone please take a look at this code and tell me why there is more space in the blue table above the links than there is below them? There is just a tiny bit more space. Thanks.<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
<title>DrillDown Frame</title><br />
<style><br />
.navigation {font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; font-size : 10pt; color : #ffffff; background-color: #006699;}<br />
.navigation a{font-family : Verdana, Verdana, Helvetica; font-size : 10pt; color : #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none;}<br />
.navigation a:hover{font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; font-size : 10pt; color : #FFFFFF; text-decoration: underline;}<br />
</style><br />
</head><br />
<br />
<body><br />
<br />
<table class=navigation cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="700" border=0><br />
<tr valign="middle"><br />
<br />
<td align=center><a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/home.asp target="_top">Home</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href=advancedusersearch.asp target="_top">New&nbsp;Query</a></td><br />
<br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
</body><br />
</html><!--content-->Because you have the word "query" in your text and the "y" extends below the text line.<br />
<br />
-beth<!--content-->I dont think that's it. I still have the same problem after removing the "y". I removed the "Q" too. Same result.<!--content-->do you have a url or sample page?<br />
<br />
-beth<!--content-->Sure. See the attached file.<!--content-->looks fine to me. what seems to be the problem?<!--content-->I don't see a problem either. I see two blue cells, one says "Home" one says "New" The spacing looks normal to me . . . <br />
<br />
-beth<!--content-->You can't tell the slight difference between the space between the links and the top of the blue table and the space between the links and the bottom of the blue table? The space at the top is just a little bigger. I mean, like millimeters bigger. Maybe its me, I don't know.<!--content-->Y'know what, you're right. I took a screen shot into photoshop and measured it, and the space above the text is indeed one pixel larger than the space below.<br />
<br />
So . . . there are two things you can do.<br />
<br />
1) and this would be my choice . . . ignore it (it's a pixel for pity's sake)<br />
<br />
or<br />
<br />
2) break after the text and insert a one-pixel clear gif. (but that sounds like a LOT more trouble that it's worth)<br />
<br />
-beth<!--content-->I see it now that I had to really look at it. I wouldn't worry about it. since you will have more stuff on the page people won't even notice it. unless of course you put an arrow up there and point to the big oh goof up you did. :D:D <br />
<br />
I wouldn't worry about it. but that is my personal opinion<!--content-->Yup. There are fatter fish to fry.<br />
:)<!--content-->Ok, I wont. Thanks guys!<!--content-->

Back