Quick one !!!

liunx

Just a simple question....<br />
<br />
How do i adjust my website resolution so that users with smaller screens dont hav a problem seeing my site??<br />
<br />
Thanx<!--content-->use percentages in your widths and heights.<!--content-->SCOUT.......<br />
<br />
<br />
I tried what you suggested and boggled up my entire site GRRRRR, anyway, ill get it sorted in the end, i was hoping tho you could go into a little bit more detail, ive tried inserting a table into my existing page but ive lost all my shared borders (ALL THE LINKS) i can retrieve them from my backup web tho but do i have to redo them all again in the table.... and does it apply to all pages , HARD WORK !!! =:O<!--content-->if you did it and it messed up your site then your didn't do your site very well huh?<br />
<br />
the only place you can't or shouldn't use percentages is in images.<br />
<br />
<table width="100%" height="100%"><br />
<br />
<div width="100%"><br />
<br />
not hard.<br />
<br />
and doing percentages shouldn't have made your links go away. it only applies to the page you do it on, unless you use a css file.<!--content-->easy darlin, its only my first time ??? lol :P <br />
<br />
Ok, i wasn't using percentages before, i used pixels? <br />
<br />
everything was looking good till i realised that ppl on smaller screens cant view the entire site correctly without scrolling accross, which is something new site try-outs dont really keep in mind when starting out...<br />
<br />
<br />
So u reckon 100% x 100% x 100% will do it , ill give it a go....<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->ahh first timer heh :D ok I will be easy. sorry LOL<br />
<br />
yeah you can also make some tables 50% or whatever. if you set your site in one big table, the table that goes around everything, then it will / should conform to he smaller screens.<!--content-->Now u see where im coming from heh?.....;)<br />
<br />
Ok....so does that apply only to the page that im making the changes to or do i have to change every other page aswell, well, this is my index.htm page that im working on now and i've got bout 12 others, do i have to do them all too =:O<br />
<br />
Please say no ?<!--content-->uhh nnnnnn yes :P<br />
<br />
you have to do this change for all of them.<!--content-->unless u use a template, althought im pretty sure that could be done only with a php script. I can make one for u in a .zip and uplaod it here with instructions and all in it.<!--content-->I have to tried Scoutt's suggestion, tho PHP sounds abit foreign and complicated to me:rolleyes:, what if i do make the changes as in Scouts way, will i be able to preview it if i change the resolution of my screen? does it mean that it'll look like what i see if i do preview it in say 800/600 or am i pushing it ?<br />
<br />
much appreciated<!--content-->yes you can preview it before you go online with it, if you do what I said. what is the site in question? I will show you how easy it is.<!--content-->

Back