question on the craziness

sdemployd

hey webmaster got a question for ya, i am an avid fan of google, i work for a company that is big in the hotel marketing online and google is our main target. Well recently i had made adjustments to about 10 of our sites, and got within first and second page with all the sites, granted these sites have been in the google index for at least a year now, but i just started making the progress to get to the top. Well they were there for about a week 1/2 then they all dropped down to about 3-8 pages deep. Then i noticed some crazy sheot happening with all of googles search results. Almost like they are totally changing the way they are looking at things here. This has all happened in the last week. Im wondering if i should wait and see what happens with my sites in another week, or go ahead and make some new changes. Obviously google is doing something different, but what i dotn know.Google appears to be in the middle of some sort of dance again right now. Backlinks are changing on the servers, although I am not seeing SERPs (search engine ranking positions) changing too much.I would wait until after the dance settles down before you make any changes. You can make sure you have submitted to numerous directories though as the more sites linking to you, especially quality links, will help your site tremendously.thanks for the info, i just wanted to say that yesterday i checked out the comp. sites again, and slowly they are moving down the page. out of 10 sites, about 8 of them move down about 2 spots a day. Pretty weird huh, i figure i might be the freshbot updating other sites and throwing them in there above ours. Thats what i came up with, but like you said im just gonna wait it out a couple more days here, till mon prob. Also i read a previous forum about submitting to human directories. I talked with my boss and we are thinking heavely on this. Granted you have to pay a submission fee, but the only question i had with that is will google pick up from those directories. I know they are good with DMOZ, but its a beotch getting in there. Ive went that route before. And we also have about 50 sites submitted to the yahoo directory for about a year now. So we are debating if the other directories listed would be worth while, money wize, any suggestions.The majority of directories you can submit to are free submissions. A few have some paying alternatives though like Yahoo! Of all the directories I would say DMOZ is the most important to get listed in and its free to submit. Check out this post for some starting directories to submit to:google-forum/increasing-your-google-pagerank-t926.htmlI would submit as soon as you can, the longer you wait, the longer it will take to get listed.