Question of Development Methodology

thermskin

This is the 3rd web project I have been developing and I have been a sole developer in all projects. Now I need to change my style and don't know how to do it, so I need your suggestions. My setup is;Netbeans for PHP developmentGithub for private repository (As I am developing on Windows I found very hard to integrate Git-Windows-Netbeans so I can change it if needed)Basecamp for project management (Even if I use GIT, I might change my GIT provider (github) and select a one which can be integrated with Basecamp)My needs are;For my current project, I will setup a dev server and test the changes there first. Then I will commit them to the production server. So I should be able to use netbeans while I can easily commit to my repository and apply the changes to the production server. How can I do it easily? Should I first commit to the repository and get the changes from the dev. server via command line? It seems a bit work to do this for every change. Should I directly upload to the dev. server, then commit the final changes to the repository and get the changes from there to the production server?So, what do you suggest as a repository which can be integrated into the netbeans and how should I manage these changes?I also would like to use one of these providers (http://basecamphq.com/extras - SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TOOLS). So, if you have any suggestions from these companies too, that would be greatThanks a lot,

Back