Question About Merging Databases

Burns45

Hey, me and another site recently decided we are going to merge...the other board owner asked that I send him my database, so I went into Back Up's in cPanel, saved it and uploaded it to his server.

My question is..I haven't known this person for very long and don't know if I can trust them...is there anything he can do with my forums database? Can he get passwords, or can he import my database and start using it as his own forum?

Thanks.

Itsuki Minami

well actually ya he can do whatever he wants with the bd about the passwords well they're all encoded but xD he will get a lot of emails xD is not sure i wont merge my site with anyone I don't trust so good luck i guess

Burns45

So basically he can import all of my posts and user accounts to his own forum? Doesn't he need to know the password to my admin account for anything??

__v1rg0__

Burns45 said:
So basically he can import all of my posts and user accounts to his own forum? Doesn't he need to know the password to my admin account for anything??

As far as i know about this if he has your database he doesnt need anything else. And he can even make u a normal member through it so u wont even have admin access to your old forum. But this will be only if he has an evil mind n decides to be a lil bad.