question about filling table cell w/ bgcolor

liunx

Hi everyone!<br />
<br />
I have a question or rather html problem that I just can't seem to fix. I've been trying to get it to work for hours now and have run out of ideas, so I thought I'd ask you if maybe somebody can help me with this.<br />
I'm building a website that is currently located at a geocities site where I'm designing it, but I will move it to an ad-free place later. Anyway, what I'm trying to do is get a table that looks like a half-frame at the left and top of the page. I currently have 3 table collumns to achieve this effect; one with a vertical left image, one with a small curve image, and one with the top image. Now what I've been trying to do is I want to have the dark brown color of the vertical left image and the top image (color #2E2224) continue towards the bottom of the screen with the one image and towards the right of the screen with the top. I would like for the cells to be filled with that color and reach to the end of the screen no matter what screen resolution the visitor has, which is why I'm not simply putting in a bit more of the image, but want to do it with bgcolor in the cells. But for some reason no matter what I try I can't get it to work. I really hope someone can help me! This is the URL to where the page is now:<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.geocities.com/childofnature9/anakintryout.html">http://www.geocities.com/childofnature9 ... ryout.html</a><!-- m --><br />
The way it is now I added a 4th cell in an attempt to fill the cell space next to the top image but what I ended up with was the entire cell filled with this color top to bottom, instead of just the top part (which has height 63).<br />
<br />
Does anyone what I can do to get it to look the way I would like it to look?<br />
<br />
I hope any of this made sense!<br />
Thank you very much for your time!<br />
*newbie* Linda<!--content-->for one thing the cell has to have something in it to expand. the bottom cells that you want to expand have to have something in the even though it can be one of these &nbsp;<br />
<br />
but I am not sure that will do what you want. if you want it to expand to whatever resolution then you have to use % values in the height and width.<!--content-->I'm not sure I understood what you were trying to say...but here goes:<br />
<br />
If you want the site to have a brown background then just change it in your <body> tag. If you want the center to be white then just change the background of that cell <td>.<br />
<br />
<br />
But for some reason no matter what I try I can't get it to work<br />
<br />
So what exactly have you tried?? <br />
<br />
You can try to be more concise and less circuitous... I had a hard time trying to understand what you wanted.<!--content-->Something you said got me thinking and I've figured it out now! Thank you both so much!!!<br />
<br />
*smiles*<br />
lin<!--content-->

Back