query database via xsl file

ForumFreak

I have an ecommerce cart which generates the XML at runtime. I have access to the XSL stylesheet which styles the actual XML.I would like to display product category images in the menu. Is there an example of running a query within an xsl file that you could show me?I cant see where its pulling the category data from?can you help?\[code\]<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?> <!-- ###################################################################################################### --> <!-- Copyright AspDotNetStorefront.com, 1995-2009. All Rights Reserved. --> <!-- http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com --> <!-- For details on this license please visit the product homepage at the URL above. --> <!-- THE ABOVE NOTICE MUST REMAIN INTACT. --> <!-- ###################################################################################################### --> <package version="2.1" displayname="Categories" debug="false" includeentityhelper="true"> <PackageTransform> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:aspdnsf="urn:aspdnsf" exclude-result-prefixes="aspdnsf"> <xsl:output method="html" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/> <xsl:param name="CategoryID"> <xsl:choose> <xsl:when test="/root/System/PageName = 'showmanufacturer.aspx' or /root/System/PageName = 'showsection.aspx' or /root/System/PageName = 'showdistributor.aspx' or /root/System/PageName = 'showvector.aspx' or /root/System/PageName = 'showgenre.aspx'">0</xsl:when> <xsl:when test="/root/System/PageName = 'showcategory.aspx' and boolean(/root/QueryString/categoryid)"> <xsl:value-of select="/root/QueryString/categoryid"/> </xsl:when> <xsl:when test="(/root/System/PageName = 'showcategory.aspx' or /root/System/PageName = 'showproduct.aspx') and boolean(/root/Cookies/LastViewedEntityInstanceID) and /root/Cookies/LastViewedEntityName = 'Category'"> <xsl:value-of select="/root/Cookies/LastViewedEntityInstanceID"/> </xsl:when> <xsl:otherwise> 0 </xsl:otherwise> </xsl:choose> </xsl:param> <xsl:param name="AncestorID"> <xsl:for-each select="/root/EntityHelpers/Category//Entity[EntityID = $CategoryID]"> <xsl:value-of select="ancestor::*/EntityID"/> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:param> <xsl:param name="ParentID"> <xsl:for-each select="/root/EntityHelpers/Category//Entity[EntityID = $CategoryID]"> <xsl:value-of select="parent::*/EntityID"/> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:param> <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:element name="ul"> <xsl:attribute name="class"> <![CDATA[menuul]]> </xsl:attribute> <xsl:apply-templates select="/root/EntityHelpers/Category/Entity"> <xsl:with-param name="prefix" select="''"/> </xsl:apply-templates> </xsl:element> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="Entity"> <xsl:param name="prefix"></xsl:param> <xsl:param name="eName" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(Name)" /> <xsl:choose> <xsl:when test="Published=1"> <li class="menuli"> <xsl:value-of select="$prefix" /> <!--<xsl:if test="number(ParentEntityID) != 0"> <span class="catMark">>></span>? </xsl:if>--> <a href="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10820362/{concat('c-',EntityID,'-',SEName,'.aspx')}"> <xsl:if test="EntityID = $CategoryID or descendant::Entity/EntityID = $CategoryID"> <xsl:attribute name="class">MenuSelected</xsl:attribute> </xsl:if> <xsl:value-of select="$eName" disable-output-escaping="yes"/> </a> <xsl:if test="count(child::Entity)>0"> <ul class="submenuul"> <xsl:apply-templates select="Entity"> <xsl:with-param name="prefix" select="concat($prefix, '??')"/> </xsl:apply-templates> </ul> </xsl:if> </li> </xsl:when> </xsl:choose> </xsl:template> </xsl:stylesheet> </PackageTransform> </package>\[/code\]

Back