qoutes and double quotes

windows

How would I write the words: Isn't it triple "A"<br />
on a textbox?<br />
<br />
I have a field in the a table that accepts quotes and double quotes. I am not sure how to handle it. I thought it was as simple as <br />
<INPUT TYPE=text NAME = " & BoxName & " VALUE = " & """" & TextValue & """">.<!--content-->welcome!<br />
<br />
<br />
but to post messages for help you will have to find the right catagory. The question you asked would go in the web page layout catagory.<br />
<br />
but anyways welcome and I hope you get lots of help and have some fun here<!--content-->Originally posted by jonathanc <br />
How would I write the words: Isn't it triple "A"<br />
on a textbox?<br />
<br />
I have a field in the a table that accepts quotes and double quotes. I am not sure how to handle it. I thought it was as simple as <br />
<INPUT TYPE=text NAME = " & BoxName & " VALUE = " & """" & TextValue & """">. <br />
<br />
:D cloud9 here :D<br />
<br />
remember to escape your quotes, e.g. if you want to type a <br />
<br />
'<br />
<br />
then type<br />
<br />
\'<br />
<br />
for <br />
<br />
"<br />
<br />
type <br />
<br />
\"<br />
<br />
there you go ;)<!--content-->welcome to the forums johna! (good catch there tom) as he mentioned there needs to be something of a closing for each, but after looking at the tag, it seems that you might be gathering the """" from a user defined entery? then again, jon is our nighttime guru of javascript.<br />
<br />
welcome to the forums!(and dont worry, i bath regurlarly!)<br />
chris<pixelmonkey>:monkey:<!--content-->you're right pixelmonkey...I am getting the value from a variable. I did this...<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
TextValue = Replace(TextValue, "'", "\'")<br />
TextValue = Replace(TextValue, Chr(34), "\" + Chr(34))<br />
<br />
<br />
then wrote..<br />
<INPUT TYPE=text NAME = " & BoxName & " VALUE = " & TextValue & ">" & vbCrLf<br />
<br />
<br />
...it didn't work<!--content-->Cool!! You have the same first name and last initial as me! <br />
Oh yeah, Welcome to the boards!:D<!--content-->Finally got the solution:<br />
<br />
TextValue = Replace(TextValue, "'", "&#39")<br />
TextValue = Replace(TextValue, Chr(34), "&#34")<!--content-->great! hope to see more of you on the forums!<br />
<br />
chris<pixelmonkey>:monkey:<!--content-->Originally posted by W3C <br />
Welcome to the boards!:D <br />
<br />
you've changed your name I see :D <br />
<br />
<br />
welcome to the forums ;)<!--content-->yeah well, Jc2215 was just not cutting it<!--content-->

Back