Putting comments in XML that is present in my C# XML comment blocks

Mr.Edition

I am using a code example block in an XML comment as a simple way to give the user an idea of what the XML looks like. This is a very rough solution and the user will eventually be provided with XML Schema for the xml string. However, for now I'm going to just provide this information in my doxygen-based documentation.For example, I've got something like this:\[code\]/// <example>/// <code>/// <!-- xml will go below this comment, but I can't display the comment! -->/// </code>/// </example>\[/code\]When I look at my documentation, any line that has a comment just appears as a blank line.I've tried escaping with \[code\]<\[/code\] and \[code\]>\[/code\], and have also tried using \[code\]<CDATA[<!-- comment -->]]>\[/code\], without success. The escape sequences are displayed as-is, and \[code\]CDATA\[/code\] appears as-is, except that the character data is not shown.What did I miss here? :)EDIT -- I need to clarify that this is not an issue with Intellisense rendering the information. I would like the XML comments to display properly when rendered by Doxygen into a CHM (via HTML Help Workshop).

Back