Publishing Webpages

windows

hi all<br />
<br />
im new to this forum and web devloping<br />
<br />
i have made a site, which i think is quite good, even if i do so say myself, :D i made it with notepad, i have a domain name and user name and pword for it, but i do not know how to upload them to the web, could someone tell me what the easiest way to do this is or where to get a program <br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->read the help files or f.a.q. of your provider.<br />
The upload method is provider dependent.<!--content-->I think you put the card before the horse. Find a webhost before you get the domain etc. There is no website 'program' unless you are running your own server, which usually isnt the best solution. Sticking with a main stream host is best because they can offer 99.9% uptime and insurance for data loss. They are stable and they have fast connections. Its less work for you to deal with. Figure out what your buget is and what type of server you want to be on. If you want to use a server side technology in the future the server os is an important thing to consider.<!--content-->Originally posted by richiet85 <br />
hi all<br />
<br />
im new to this forum and web devloping<br />
<br />
i have made a site, which i think is quite good, even if i do so say myself, :D i made it with notepad, i have a domain name and user name and pword for it, but i do not know how to upload them to the web, could someone tell me what the easiest way to do this is or where to get a program <br />
<br />
First find a web host that allows FTP uploads. Then Download <!--more--> WS_FTP LE, a free program used to upload files. You can find both by searching Google.<!--content-->Originally posted by starrwriter <br />
First find a web host that allows FTP uploads. Then Download <!--more--> WS_FTP LE, a free program used to upload files. You can find both by searching Google. you can use ftp with regular windows folder. Ftp acts like a folder, I do not have an ftp client and I manage just fine with explorer. So why have an ftp client? But I do aggree ftp access is important having only a web based upload form is hellish.<!--content-->i coudldnt get the ftp:// to work in my folder explorer or ie so i had to use an ftp program so i used the one that star recommended thanks all<!--content-->www.readyhosting.com this is who I use but go to the site click on support and search the for FTP and it will give you some info but like someone said before it depends on your host.<!--content-->http://www.jatol.com/ has good, cheap hosting. I use it on one of my sites, I've never once seen a server problem. $30/year for 100mb storage and 2gb traffic per month is the cheapest plan they have.<!--content-->ok thanks all i got a host and site is up and running :D<!--content-->

Back