Problems with Layout witout tables

liunx

If you open this example site of me you can see that the ActiveX Element that shows the wheater at the left side is flickering and "jumping up and down" while the pictures are loaded. It it the height of the top <div>-Element I think, but why?<br />
<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.burschenverein-massenhausen.de/bv/bilder.php?gal=Maibaum">http://www.burschenverein-massenhausen. ... al=Maibaum</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
I designed the page with the following css:<br />
<br />
#top{<br />
position: relative;<br />
width: 980px;<br />
}<br />
#left{<br />
float: left;<br />
width: 151px;<br />
}<br />
#center{<br />
width: 820px;<br />
margin-left: 3px;<br />
}<br />
#bottom{<br />
clear: left;<br />
width: 980px;<br />
} <br />
<br />
Can anybody help me with that problem?<!--content-->uhhh I see a lot of tables. it maybe the fact it is flash too.<br />
<br />
I can't get it to load offline either.<br />
<br />
also you don't have a doctype and the browser is runing in bug mode. add this at the top<br />
<br />
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><!--content-->Thank you, I'll try it. Btw, the problem only appears, when I use Mozilla...<!--content-->yeah I am using mozilla and I saw it happen, but without loading offline I can't try and fix it.<br />
<br />
maybe you need an absoute postioning in that #left<br />
<br />
#left {<br />
postition: absolute;<br />
width: 151px;<br />
}<!--content-->I tried it, but it didn't work. I play around with it a litte bit now... What is the normal way to do a design with<br />
<br />
Top<br />
Left Main<br />
Bottom<br />
<br />
with CSS? I'm a beginner :-)<!--content-->Could it be a bug in Mozilla, because the problem does not occur with IE 6.0 and Opera 7.20?<!--content-->instead of float try<br />
<br />
left: 0;<br />
top: 300px;<br />
<br />
the top may need adjusting to position it where it is now.<br />
<br />
do that instead of float.<!--content-->Thank you! If I do so the "jumping" has gone, but I don't know how to position the middle and bottom elements...<!--content-->

Back