problems using Zend_Db when running php as cli script

hfg76

I am trying to add some administration scripts to a Zend Framework project, that will end up being run nightly via cron. However I've hit my first problem with the script when trying to use Zend_Db. I am currently doing a very simple SQL call to get some results and just display them using var_dump() however I get the following error message:\[code\]SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)\[/code\]The script so far looks like this:\[code\]<?phpchdir(dirname(__FILE__));error_reporting(E_ALL|E_STRICT);ini_set('display_errors', 1);date_default_timezone_set('Europe/London');//directory setup and class loadingset_include_path('.' . PATH_SEPARATOR . '../library/' . PATH_SEPARATOR . '../application/models/' . PATH_SEPARATOR . '../library/MyApp/' . PATH_SEPARATOR . get_include_path());include "Zend/Loader/Autoloader.php";$autoloader = Zend_Loader_Autoloader::getInstance();$autoloader->setFallbackAutoloader(true);//start sessionsZend_Session::start(); //read configuration data$config = new Zend_Config_Xml('../application/config/config.xml', 'app');//we create an ability to capture errors and write them to an error log if there are problems.$log = new Zend_Log();$writer = new Zend_Log_Writer_Stream($config->log->logfile);$log->addWriter($writer);$filter = new Zend_Log_Filter_Priority((int)$config->log->level);$log->addFilter($filter);//we now need to get the list of graduates that need to have their CV's removed from the search engine$date = new Zend_Date();$date->sub(3, Zend_Date::MONTH);echo $date->get(Zend_Date::ISO_8601);$sql = "SELECT userid, guid FROM users WHERE lastlogin = ? AND active = 1";$db = Zend_Db::factory($config->database);try{ $results = $db->fetchAll($sql, $date->get(Zend_Date::ISO_8601)); var_dump($results);}catch(Zend_Db_Exception $dbe){ $log->debug($dbe->getMessage()."\n".$dbe->getTraceAsString());}//close database.if($db->isConnected()){ $db->closeConnection();}\[/code\]What am I missing? I know that the database connection settings in the Zend_Config object works and the web application is running fine with no issues.I am running this using Zend Framework v1.7.6 at present.Also are there any generic tips for using the Zend Framework in a cli script? Many thanks.

Back