Problem with link (anchor tag) in Netscape 7.1 but not in IE 6.0.. HELP!

liunx

My first time in this forum... I could really use your help... novice HTML person here...<br />
<br />
In my html code I have a text inside a "div" tag, and I want to turn some of the text into a hyperlink. Here's the code fragment:<br />
<br />
<div> ... Upcoming Trips or <A href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"educational.html">Educational Trips</A> pages, ... </div><br />
<br />
In IE 6.0 the text is a hyperlink and brings up the other html page. But the same code in Netscape7.1 will NOT indicate a link, ie, the cursor does not change to indicate a link, and clicking on that same text will not do anything. The strange thing though is that the text's color is changed as if it is a hyperlink.<br />
<br />
Can anyone tell me why the link does not work in Netscape?<br />
Thanks a lot !!!<!--content-->Could you provide a link to the rest of your code, or just post it here?<!--content-->yes all the code would help... you probably made an error, ie is an error correcting browser.<!--content-->I figured it out...finally...<br />
<br />
I'm using layers. The layer containing the navigation was "higher" than the layer containing the hyperlink text. In IE there's no problem, it worked fine. But in Netscape, the link doesn't work.<br />
<br />
I put the Navigation layer BELOW the hyperlink text layer and voila, the link now works in Netscape too!!<br />
<br />
Thanks for your responding to my question... I greatly appreciate your attempt to help me. Since I'm new to this I may be speaking to u again soon.... :D<!--content-->you may have solved the problem but i've got some thing useful to tell you (even though you might already know this) If you make even 1 mistake when coding it,netscape is so petty when it comes to scripts,so much so that even if you miss out 1 tag,it will just refuse to show what you have created.go to bravenet.com for more info and html tutorials.i'm a novice at html.last week,i didn't know how to even generate a single piece of formatted text,but now,i'm doing coding nearly all the time that i'm on the computer.<!--content-->Bravenet's webmaster tips tend to be good for a chuckle. By the way skool h8r, the script in your sig is meaningless. If I want your code, or images, I'm certainly not going to do it via right clicking.<!--content-->Originally posted by spufi <br />
Bravenet's webmaster tips tend to be good for a chuckle. By the way skool h8r, the script in your sig is meaningless. If I want your code, or images, I'm certainly not going to do it via right clicking. <br />
Lol. :p<!--content-->bravenet its self is a joke to experienced designers.<!--content-->

Back