Problem scrolling

liunx

Hey what's up guys.<br />
I'm working on a new template idea. Right now, I posted it at<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hprinfo.org/newsite/first%20impressions/toplayer.html">http://www.hprinfo.org/newsite/first%20 ... layer.html</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
What I want is for the top layer to remain in one place but all of the text underneath that to scroll if it goes beyond a certain length. <br />
So what I did was create the top layer image and slice it up and place it into tables. I then set up the text layer(the bottom layer) and position it where I want it. Now however, the text won't scroll. If I make the length of the text layer longer than that of the image so that the scroll bar extends beyond the image, it seems to scroll but now, when it's within the limits of the image, it doesn't scroll. Does anyone know why it's doing this?<br />
Thanks in advance.<br />
<br />
-Goalie35<!--content-->Ok, I've altered it a little. Now, if you'll notice, I've placed the scrollbar just outside of the image and it works fine however if you try to click on the "click here" link, you can't. So basically, I placed the entire top layer(the image with the green border) over the text layer and that's creating a problem.<br />
I created this top layer image in Macromedia Fireworks and saved it as a jpeg image. I then created slices of only the image sections, not the blank parts where I intended for the text to be visible later on. Any idea what I may have done wrong and how I can alleviate this problem?<br />
Thanks again.<br />
-Goalie35<!--content--><div class='div1' style="top:90px;width:786px;height:332px;overflow:scroll"><br />
<br />
why are you using class and a inline style? you told it to overflow: hidden in the class an dthen auto in the inline style. that last one is overwriting the first one.<br />
<br />
your words are getting cut off at 800x600. besides older browsers will not show that page very well.<br />
<br />
your Z-INDEX: 2; in div2 is cause th elink to go behind the page. sure you can see it but you can't click.<!--content-->

Back