Printing pages.... new question.

liunx

When I use window.print() I get a cool and groovey output to the printer.... no problem there. I actually set up my pages so that they can dynamically generate a printable version in a pop up, print, then close. <br />
<br />
something like: Onclick="spawn pop up, print pop up, then close"<br />
<br />
So, thus far all is well, and everyone is happy. UNTIL they looked on the bottom of the page-where the path resides. <br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="file://c">file://c</a><!-- m -->:\mas\webDemo\file.cfm<br />
<br />
so my obvious quest is to remove this from the page, as some of these printouts are letters that go to customers, notifying them of the current account status. Obviously, the powers that be don't want this line on the 'official' letter. <br />
<br />
Any suggestions? I am trying to locate a media rule that dissallows this from happening.<!--content-->Which browser Doc?<br />
<br />
On Internet Explorer you must get the user to go to File then Page Setup....<br />
If you click & drag the context ? over the header & footer items it'll show you what the & switches do.<br />
There's no way through script of changing Margins, Headers, Footers etc.<!--content-->Thanks Jon, <br />
<br />
My user base is only IE users. A colleuge of mine sent me the same information moments ago as well. Although the client must do it on their browser, it does fix the problem (since 'client' is actually the people I make the site for, and is not the actual customer).<!--content-->Hello Dr. <br />
I am interested in the part: <br />
Something like: Onclick="spawn pop up, print pop up, then close"<br />
<br />
I am trying to implement a similar mechanism, however the size of the string I want to pass to the window seems to be limited. <br />
<br />
Can you provide more details on the mechanism you use ?:)<!--content-->I'm currently trying figure something out. <br />
The senario for me is thus:<br />
Someone (a secretary) types up the minutes of a meeting in some super duper word processor. <br />
She emails it to a distributor (who happens to be my wife, and also probably happens to be the only one in the group who understands why things go wrong when trying to open a document in something other than the application it was written in!).<br />
My wife then 'dumbs it down' to a word processor that most people are likely to have (MS Works, I think) and proceeds to email it to the member's list.<br />
She then waits for members to respond to her saying that they can't open it and proceed to send other versions until everybody has a copy.<br />
My solution is to save it as HTML and I've offered to edit it so it looks nice in the browser and prints nice, too. (Cause that's the kind of guy I am.)<br />
Unfortunately, you lose the pagination and, yes, you get<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="file://c">file://c</a><!-- m -->:\mas\webDemo\file.cfm at the bottom. <br />
Anybody know any quick (should I say cheap?) solutions? (Aside from forcing everyone to buy and install the same word processor.)<!--content-->

Back