Printing background color???

liunx

Hello, <br />
<br />
is there any way I can set that when I print my page, it also print the background colors of tables, and td's?<br />
<br />
Thanks a lot,<br />
<br />
Mike<!--content-->By default, these should be printed... can you show us your page?<!--content-->Hi,<br />
<br />
thank you for your reply.<br />
<br />
This is my page, it just prints the text...<br />
<br />
Mike<br />
<br />
<HTML><br />
<HEAD><br />
<TITLE>Claim Management System | ALPHA | Norcal Waste Systems Inc.</TITLE> <br />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1250"><br />
<style TYPE="text/css"><br />
<br />
TD.ClientNameBackground<br />
{<br />
background:#D6674F;<br />
border-top:0px dotted #6EB6CD;<br />
border-bottom:0px dotted #6EB6CD;<br />
border-left:0px dotted #6EB6CD;<br />
border-right:0px dotted #6EB6CD;<br />
text-align:center;<br />
<br />
}<br />
</style><br />
</HEAD><br />
<body><br />
<div id="_ctl1_HeaderPanel"><br />
<br />
<table width="750" align="center" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><br />
<tr><br />
<td class="ClientNameBackground" width="100%"><br />
<span class="ClientName"><span id="_ctl1_lblClientName">This is test.</span></span><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
</div><br />
</body><br />
</html><!--content-->That depends on your browser default. Usually default is to print background image but not background color.<br />
[PS: I may be totally wrong here. But thats what my IE does and I didn't tinker with any of its settings]<!--content-->Hmm,<br />
<br />
that's not good. So there is no way, I can make sure the background gets printed on client...<br />
<br />
Does anybody know of a way around this?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Mike<!--content-->Use a graphics editor to make a 1 x 1 pixel image. Fill it with the color you want, set it as the background image. (it should tile to fill the cell)<br />
<br />
Not sure if it will work, but if it prints background images, it should!!<br />
<br />
Dave<!--content-->You can use print stylesheets<br />
<link rel="stylesheet" href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"style.css" type="text/css" media="print"><br />
<br />
For most cases, I'd suggest to use white-on-black printing, with font sizes in pt and less wider font (eg Times or Arial instead of Verdana). and {display: none} set for navigation bar.<br />
<br />
However if you choose to, you can set the browser to print the background color. I doubt if it'll work if someone overrides the print styles.<!--content-->

Back