print with expanded links

liunx

I have an html page that has links to certain images. One views the html page with only the links, but when he prints, the printed output must have all the images printed instead of the links. <br />
Is there a way to do this?<br />
Thanks.<!--content-->not unless you send them to another page. but then if the user has printing images turned off then it won't make a difference.<br />
<br />
you have to show the images for teh user so he can print them.<!--content-->The reason for this special requirement is so that the page with only the links to images are loaded by the browser quickly. The user has no use by just seeing the images in the browser, but he uses them by taking a print out. The links are self explanatory telling what the images are and also the page has detailed text description of those images. The only reason is for speed. I have a solution that prints alternate html page with the images when printed, but i need it to be done within the same page. This is similar to "print/options/print all linked documents" in IE browser. This option allows the user to print all linked documents but not images. <br />
There should be a way,<br />
Can someone help.<br />
Thanks.<!--content-->Originally posted by ap6973 <br />
The reason for this special requirement is so that the page with only the links to images are loaded by the browser quickly. This is similar to "print/options/print all linked documents" in IE browser. This option allows the user to print all linked documents but not images. <br />
There should be a way,<br />
Can someone help.<br />
Thanks. <br />
<br />
Two things. One: you are trying to print something that the user does not see... and therefore did not request. Possible security violation. In this manner I could show you a page and let you print it, and send several hundred 'linked' items to the printer. <br />
<br />
Two: Your reference to an IE specific trait might be accomplished by using an active-x control(for IE users). I personally hope that there is not a way for a web page to 'force' the printer to print linked items unless the user specifically asks for it (via browser action).<!--content-->

Back