Print width in pixels

Hi-<br />
<br />
What is the printable limit in pixels for a web page? I have a web site right now with the width of 715px, but still am not being able to print off about hte 1/2 inch of the right side. <br />
<br />
Ty, Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->I think it is 780 or something. if your page is getting cut off on the right hand side I do believe that is a bug in IE that is doing that. plus it all depends on how your page is layed out.<!--content-->It's about 620 pixels.<!--content-->how did you get that?<!--content-->Think of a number betwee 600 and 800, divide by PI, multiply by the number you first thought of...<br />
<br />
Nah, not really. I got it from a magazine article I read earlier this month. Haven't tried it myself but it was a web-design mag.<!--content-->cheater :)<br />
<br />
actually that sounds really small for some reason. you would think it would be the full width (minus the scrollbar) of the page, but just saying that made me remember the printer has set margins too so that might be where they get 620 which is taken in account of the default .5 inch paper margins. hmmmm have to look this up.<!--content-->Cheating? Cheating? Isn't all knowledge derived from external sources? :)<br />
<br />
I guess it boils down to, how many pixels equal the width of a piece of A4. Like I said, I've never tried it myself, it's possible they have just specified a "safe" width.<!--content-->nah I thought you would pull that number out some where :D<br />
<br />
I have been seeing 625 for a safe number so it looks like you were right LOL just give you a rashing of meatballl soup :D:D<!--content-->Well, I did a test and after 6 or 7 sheets of paper, I came up with 675px. However, I wonder if printer to printer will have anything to do with it. I will inquire of this matter to my client who requested the page resize and see how it works on his side.<br />
<br />
Until then, my vote stands at 675.<br />
<br />
Thanks, Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->Well, once again I'm bringing up the subject of printing area on a web page.<br />
<br />
I have a page with a table that is 715px wide and centered. As you can imagine, it's not capable of printing 100% width of the 715px; which means I'm losing a 1/2" of text on the right side.<br />
<br />
I've heard that this can be corrected and printed correctly with arrays; however, I'm not familiar with them. Basically, it comes down to requesting an easy way out. =)<br />
<br />
I've thought about just making those pages that people may want to print a PDF file. Comments on this?<br />
<br />
Let me know what other suggestions and ideas you've got to give...besides suggesting that I'm lazy. :D<br />
<br />
Thanks, <br />
Gandalf <br />
:D<!--content-->why? 715 is not 100%, 800 is. so what 1/2 inch ar eyou missing./ also remember that IE sucks when it comes to printing, you have to delete the margins in IE to get that 1/2 inch back.<br />
<br />
and what an old thread :P<!--content-->At the time 715px seemed rigth to me. Anyway, 715px is teh width of my title bar and I'm keeping the toher tables that width also to give the text a better format and look more justified.<br />
<br />
The 1/2" I'm missing is when I print using IE(6.0). I lose the far right 1/2" of text in the table. It's print beautiful in NS(7.2).<br />
<br />
Does that answer your questions?<br />
<br />
Ty, Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
also remember that IE sucks when it comes to printing, you have to delete the margins in IE to get that 1/2 inch back. <br />
<br />
that is why I said that. in the page setup in IE you have to set the margins to 0 instead of the default .75<!--content-->in the page setup in IE you have to set the margins to 0 instead of the default .75 <br />
<br />
I'm guessing you're in reference to a browser setting? Which I couldn't find. <br />
<br />
G<!--content-->In IE go up to file and click on it and then go to page setup. you will see a window popup and the margins are down towrads the bottom<!--content-->Ah. And I say thank you.<br />
<br />
I'm guessing there is no way to be able to (easily) tell the printer to do this with script is there?<br />
<br />
<br />
Ty, Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->

Back