Print tag

windows

What would be the code to make get this effect: <print>Print me</print>?<!--content-->Only way I know is with Java Script:<br />
<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"#" onclick="window.print()">print me</a><!--content-->Thanks that did the trick. <br />
Now for a new question. It printed using a different font and boldness. Does this script default to browser specified font as opposed to font used on the .html page?<br />
<br />
Ty, Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->>> Now for a new question. It printed using a different font and boldness. Does this script default to browser specified font as opposed to font used on the .html page? << <br />
<br />
Are you using a browser? Change the default browser settings and reprint the page. You'll soon find out the answwer. I couldn't tell you, as I now do everything electronically; I no longer print anything out at all. I don't even own a printer now.<!--content-->Hi-<br />
<br />
I'm just now being able to get back to this thread. <br />
<br />
Now, my question was not how to change the default settings on MY browser, but is there a script for the person viewing the site? When they click the JS code that says, PRINT ME, I want the code to affect their printer and print the text in the same font (considering that particular font exists on their machine) and point size. Is this possible?<br />
<br />
Ty, Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->I believe if you use a set size in css for font size then it should work.<!--content-->

Back