Preventing the browser from caching a certain element

I know how to use meta tags to prevent pages from being stored in your browser's cache, but what I want to know is if it is possible to add an attribute to a page object that will prevent just that object from being stored in the cache. ie. the rest of the page is stored in the cache, but that element is not. (BTW by element i mean a file that is linked to by the page like an image.)<br />
<br />
More importantly, can this be applied to a frame or iframe?<br />
<br />
If not, is there any way at all of loading any page in a frame or iframe without it being stored in the cache?<br />
Thanks.<!--content-->Quick reply.<br />
<br />
No you can't target a single 'element' from being cached. This is because the page is still cache even with the meta tag... it just means when the page is reloaded it is done from fresh and not the cache.<br />
<br />
And you would use the same meta tag in the target frame page as you would with a normal page.<!--content-->In essence, "If you can see it, it's cached." <br />
<br />
In other words, when you look at a webpage, in order for your computer to display it, it caches it.<br />
<br />
Neil<!--content-->That's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks.<!--content-->

Back