PR not being displayed

ellejoh2

For some reason the PR is not being displayed on most every site for me right now. Once in a while it is, but usually not, why is this? Could there possibly be an update?This might be because the toolbar is not able to connect to the toolbarqueries.google.com site and retreive the PageRank Information.Working fine here.ClareWorking fine too.. do you have any entries in your hosts file pointing the query to a different IP? google changes IP's often enough...Sometimes I see this happen. Some sites show no PR. What i do is go to the next page and hit the back button and it pops up. This only happens once in awhile. Try looking at the backlinks of that site, and hit the back button. I know it seems strange but its what I have to do once in awhile to make the PR show.Can anyone go to my site quickly and tell me what my page rank? I don't have any of the toolbars, http://www.alanjoseph.com - thanks!It says PR 2 for me with 0 backlinksHowever, once you get past the splash page, its a PR 4how about mine? still zero?maybe after the next google update...Yep, still 0...but if you have been getting links/directory listings, you should have a nice PR when the next update roles through...Possibly May 30th bleh. still zero.but I have been gathering a lot of links lately. some quick questions:1)hwo do you know the date for google update? haha. I am very impressed by all these talk about google updating dates n stuffs.2) backlinks- more the merrier?In the long run, the site with the most links (from high PR n low PR sites) ranks higher than those sites that have a few links to high PR sites ?I was right about the last major PR update, said the actual date 3 weeks before it happened, Bigwebmaster knows i did I am just taking a guess on the next one. I wouldn't count on it, I just like to guess sometimes.The higher your PR, the better your site CAN do. PR is only a small factor in the overall determination of your positioning. Personally, I would rather have 10 PR8 sites pointing to me than 100 PR3 sites.cool. I will get down to finding higher PR sites although i din't see many lying around Let's see how good your guess is .30th may eh ?ccb056 wrote:The highest PR is 10