Post a value on the same asp form and another asp form

Hey all! Is there a way to post a value back to the form it is on using the onchange event, as well as, post the value to another form to use it elsewhere once an update button is selected? I have a form where the user will select a value and based on what value they select other fields on the same form will be filled in that coincide with that value from a DB2 database. This way they can update the values they need to by changing what was populated in the fields on the form and the values they do not want to change leave as is on the form and execute a sql update statement by clicking the update button which then updates all of the fields in the database. I know I could check each field to see if it is blank and if it is not then update the database using a sql update statement and if the field is blank then leave the value as is in the database. However, I will have to have too many sql update statements to do this to consider all of the possibilities of selections. I would like to only have one sql update statement that updates all fields once they click the update button and so this is why I would need to fill in the fields based on what they select initially to go ahead and populate the fields with the values that exist in the database. If I don't fill in the fields and do a sql update statement for all of the fields then some of the fields will be blanked out. I know you can do this with JavaScript; however, I was trying to avoid using it because I am not familiar with it at all. I am using server-side VBScript. Please help! Thanks in advance!Hey all! Is there a way to post a value back to the form it is on using the onchange event, as well as, post the value to another form to use it elsewhere once an update button is selected?

I will start from here. Can you explain more the above? Where you put the onchange event? Can you give a name to the form, say from Form A to Form B?

Back