Pop Up

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello<br />
I am trying to create a pop up window that pops up ONLY after the user leaves my site.<br />
<br />
I am looking to place a 1 question survey on this pop up window and I only want it to appear after the user exits my site.<br />
<br />
Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial or help file to teach me to do this?<br />
<br />
Thank you<br />
Carlos<br />
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --><!--content-->although I don't condone popups and think they are a waste of time, especially if I left your site, but you can just add<br />
<br />
onUnload="popup()" in the body tag and just have a regualr popup function in the head of the script.<!--content-->Thanks <br />
I hate pop ups too but I am going to try a little something<br />
<br />
You'll have to forgive me, I have never once done a pop up and I am a beginner with javascript. So all I have to do is up this code onUnload="popup()" in the header? Is that all?<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
I appreciate your help<!--content-->no something like this<br />
<br />
<br />
<head><br />
Function popUp(pPage) { <br />
window.Open (pPage,'popWin'); <br />
} <br />
</head><br />
<body onUnload="popUp(yourpage.html)"><!--content-->Ok<br />
Thanks again.<br />
Let me ask you another question... I am actually creating my first form... I looked at some tutorials online and I have it all figured out except for where the info is going to be sent.<br />
<br />
I know there's the option to send the info via email or via CGI. I tried email and it's too hard for the user so I think that being sent via the server is easier...<br />
<br />
How do I set it up... I know it lies in the <form line..<br />
<br />
Could you tell me what is the address I need to put?<br />
Thank you<!--content-->you need to put a cgi script on your server to parse the forms content. a good one and very popular one is at Matt's script archive called formMail.cgi<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.worldwidemart.com/scripts/formmail.shtml">http://www.worldwidemart.com/scripts/formmail.shtml</a><!-- m --><!--content-->thanks <br />
I will look into it...<br />
<br />
Another question, does it matter where I put that pop up window or will it recognize it from any page. Say for example the code is only on my index page, if the user goes to my products page, then leaves, will the pop up work?<br />
<br />
I guess it doesn't make sense to put the code on every page because the pop up will pop up every time the user changes pages within my site right?<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->

Back