Pop-up Language Window

liunx

A friend of mine wants to have a pop-up window when someone enters his site, so that they can choose a language. how would he go about doing that? Javascript?<!--content-->anyone? if you dont know, can you point me to a link that might help me?<!--content-->What i do when i want to make a auto popup is i go to a free hosts member pages, for example tripod.com, and steal the code they use to popup ads and fit it to my taste.<!--content-->I see what you mean, but can you show me a script for it?<br />
<br />
and also how can you make it to choose the language?<!--content-->Originally posted by xlnk <br />
I see what you mean, but can you show me a script for it?<br />
<br />
and also how can you make it to choose the language? <br />
<br />
I have written a script from scratch for you :) Unzip the attached file into a folder. Open index.html. It then should popup a remote control window where you select a language by clicking on a flag. After clicking on a flag the remote control will close and the original large window will go to the selected page. You will have to create the different pages with the different languages;<br />
<br />
in this example there is a german.html, so this contains the german language, Oh Ja, das is gut! etc. <br />
<br />
If you actually want the content translated then you will have to get it translated at a site like babelfish.altavista.com and then put it on the different pages.<br />
<br />
<br />
hope this helps, <br />
<br />
<br />
c9<!--content-->thx so much, but when i click on the link, i Download <!--more--> a file called 'attachment.php'<!--content-->ok, i was messing around, and figured this out:<br />
<br />
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="Javascript"><br />
width1 = 150 + 150<br />
config='directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,width='+width1+',height=250'<br />
config += 'toolbar=no,location=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no'<br />
<br />
pop = window.open ("","pop",config)<br />
<br />
pop.document.write('<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"http://www.yahoo.com" target="newwindow">Yahoo</a>');<br />
</SCRIPT><br />
<br />
<br />
now lets say i want 'Yahoo' to open up in my main page instead of a new page or in that pop-up box.<br />
How would i go about doing this?<br />
<br />
Is there someway i can give my main page a certain name, and then in the link in the pop-up i cant put <br />
<br />
target="name"<br />
?<!--content-->Originally posted by xlnk <br />
thx so much, but when i click on the link, i Download <!--more--> a file called 'attachment.php' <br />
<br />
when the save dialog appears, change "attachment.php" to "zipfile.zip" (no quotes). You will then have a working zip file to extract.... have fun :)<!--content-->thx alot, it worked!<!--content-->Originally posted by xlnk <br />
thx alot, it worked! <br />
<br />
glad I could help :)<br />
<br />
<br />
c9<!--content-->

Back