please send me a code to do...

windows

I really need a code that will capture the users IP address and sen it to a text file on the same server please post the code up here or PM it to me.<!--content-->wow is this the wrong forum :) try the php or asp or something there, just simply get it off the server, and write a file in one language :D<!--content-->well no this is actully the right place. you see I cant use PHP, CGI, ASP and that stuff. I need a java, javascript or html.<br />
I know its able to do this I've seen it do this at the click of a button but I want someone to please make me this code that wont prompt the user and that... please help me<!--content-->Originally posted by 鏄癳ezey?<br />
well no this is actully the right place. you see I cant use PHP, CGI, ASP and that stuff. I need a java, javascript or html.<br />
I know its able to do this I've seen it do this at the click of a button but I want someone to please make me this code that wont prompt the user and that... please help me No, you cant get it that way, you need to do this server side. Java script can get a users local ip and can get the regular one with SSI, but there again you still need a server side technology. So steelersfan88 was right, this is the wrong place. HTML cannot get stuff like that from the user. Now you said java, how are you using java, for an applet or for jsp, as jsp can do this just fine. BTW that code you saw with a rpompt was either getting your local ip which will not be what the internet sees and thereofre useless unless the user is on 56k, or it is going to be using SSI.<!--content-->I know it can be done its onLoad="function name()"<br />
<br />
but I need a function that can post the IP address... and yes I have java and java appletts enabled on my webserver. but I dont have ASP CGI PHP C++... all I need is a onLoad function that can get the Inet Internet Protocol and send it to either an email or a txt document THAT DOES NOT PROMPT!<br />
<br />
this does much wat I want it to but it dosent do it on the page load.<br />
<br />
<form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"><br />
<!--webbot bot="SaveResults" S-Email-Format="TEXT/PRE" S-Email-Address="email hear!" B-Email-Label-Fields="TRUE" S-Date-Format="%A %B %d, %Y" S-Time-Format="%I:%M:%S %p %Z" S-Builtin-Fields="REMOTE_NAME REMOTE_USER HTTP_USER_AGENT Date Time" --><fieldset style="padding: 2"><br />
click the link below to continue</fieldset><input type="submit" value="hello"></form><br />
<br />
even try it!<!--content-->And what do you think this webbot is??? :rolleyes:<!--content-->Originally posted by 鏄癳ezey?<br />
I know it can be done its onLoad="function name()"<br />
<br />
but I need a function that can post the IP address... and yes I have java and java appletts enabled on my webserver. but I dont have ASP CGI PHP C++... Java is a scritping language, not a server side technology, jsp is java server pages, it is sun's java server side scripting. Just saying java confuses the crap out of me because I do not know what you mean. C++ is also a scripting language not a server side technology. Java script is not the same thing as java. Java can't get a remote ip address by its self.<!--content-->Java is a scritping language, not a server side technology<br />
<br />
Dont you mean Javascript?? Javas not a scripting language.<!--content-->Originally posted by buntine <br />
Dont you mean Javascript?? Javas not a scripting language. programming language**, since it is compiled you are right it is not scripting. C++ and visual basic are not either. vbscript is scripting too. But the point I was trying to make is java alone is not a server side technology, it can be used to make server applications, jsp to make server side pages, and applets, but java its self will not be able to get the ip or anything like that.<!--content-->Originally posted by 鏄癳ezey?<br />
I know it can be done its onLoad="function name()"<br />
<br />
but I need a function that can post the IP address... and yes I have java and java appletts enabled on my webserver. but I dont have ASP CGI PHP C++... all I need is a onLoad function that can get the Inet Internet Protocol and send it to either an email or a txt document THAT DOES NOT PROMPT!<br />
<br />
this does much wat I want it to but it dosent do it on the page load.<br />
<br />
<form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"><br />
<!--webbot bot="SaveResults" S-Email-Format="TEXT/PRE" S-Email-Address="email hear!" B-Email-Label-Fields="TRUE" S-Date-Format="%A %B %d, %Y" S-Time-Format="%I:%M:%S %p %Z" S-Builtin-Fields="REMOTE_NAME REMOTE_USER HTTP_USER_AGENT Date Time" --><fieldset style="padding: 2"><br />
click the link below to continue</fieldset><input type="submit" value="hello"></form><br />
<br />
even try it! <br />
They have been trying to tell you that this cannot be done client side. Yea, sure, it'll work, but only with ppl still using dialup. Again, this needs to be done Server Side. These guys know what they are talking about.<!--content-->HA! I've done it... but not as an onload! that HTML I sent befor! it work like a charm wen I sent it to my webserver! any way... Im sorry... but it is you! that are in the wrong place! this isnt java script! this is HTML! but I guess I'll just have to use me code I sent before. well thank you for giving up your time to try and help me out I really appreciate it.<!--content-->wow, what a way to make your site inaccessible. Do it server side for real use, and if you need a server that supports it, search around. This is not HTML, it is processed on a webbot. We know what we are talking about. As Khalid posted in the MEssage Posting Guidelines, if you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't have posted i nthe first place :D<!--content-->Originally posted by 鏄癳ezey?<br />
Im sorry... but it is you! that are in the wrong place! this isnt java script! this is HTML! Its not html at all. You are showing your ignorance with comments like this saying I am in the wrong place, that is webbot and it is a server operation and will only work with a server that supports it as buntine said. I know what I am doing and have been doing this for years and I know for a fact you cannot do it in html. That stuff you are doing is not getting the ip with html, it is getting it from webbot or whatever which is running server side scripts of some description. Infact that html you have is not getting the ip it is simply an html form and is requesting the ip from the server. I do not use this myself so I do not know the specifices but there is a server side script. Guess what, like I said before, java script can't get an ip either, it can get a local ip and with ssi it can get the remote or real ip but still even then will fail you for the % of the internet that does not support client side scripts like js.<br />
<br />
steelers btw: that js password encoder does not look all that secure ;)<!--content-->programming language**, since it is compiled you are right it is not scripting. C++ and visual basic are not either. vbscript is scripting too. But the point I was trying to make is java alone is not a server side technology, it can be used to make server applications, jsp to make server side pages, and applets, but java its self will not be able to get the ip or anything like that.<br />
<br />
Thats more like it. ;)<!--content-->Actually, lol, his "html" looked like something out of Frontpage to me :)<!--content-->refrring his to whom, Phil? the original poster?<!--content-->who else; the thread starter. FrontPage uses a lot of Webbots, does it not? :)<!--content-->well I learned quickly not to use it, so I wouldn't know :D<!--content-->ROFL. Well, I did in my WebDev infancy. Never got what I wanted out of it, lol :)<!--content-->well I guess I made a right choice. I never actually used it, one CPU I got had it installed, and it was the first thing I got rid of, and I'll never regret it :)<!--content-->

Back