PLEASE Help me with my margin problem!!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, I'm a newbie to HTML but eager to learn. I'm having trouble setting the right format for a margin for the url below. You can view the source to see what I did wrong or what I'm missing in my html codes. I'm sure that once I get the margin correct, I'll do everything else fine, it's only the margin that's backing me up. When you go to the website, you will see that the orange margin is wide and short and that's not a margin at all. And also, where it says "How do I put this text out of the margin? I don't want it in here ", I want that to appear outside of the margin, not inside. I would greatly appreciate your help...thanks!<br />
<br />
Here's the url for the website:<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://members.fortunecity.com/centertopic/main.html">http://members.fortunecity.com/centertopic/main.html</a><!-- m --><!--content-->1] You have used the body tag twice, only one is allowed, so move the attributes from the second one into the first.<br />
<br />
2] Using the left margin inside the body is fine yet this attribute is only supported by explorer and not other browsers.<br />
<br />
3] Where exactly do you want the text and what orange margin? Have you already fixed this?<br />
<br />
4] <hint> drop all the caps in your coding it will become easier to read and isn't the suggested way of writing your page. If you are going to progress and learn more, then it is best to pick up good techniques from the start. HTML will become more and more case sensitive. </hint><br />
<br />
5] Do you have Netscape Navigator? If so you get Composer free with this, a very good table editor. You can load your page up in this and tinker to your hearts content.<br />
<br />
Any probs just drop a line here.<!--content-->Thanks for the hints and advice. About the text and the margin. The text is already there where I want it in the margin, the only text that I want outside of the margin is "How do I put this text out of the margin? I don't want it in here". Which is where I'll be putting the rest of my html coding. The margin needs to be a lot less wider and more longer...the margin is orange but in other browsers it may be yellow. Thanks!<!--content-->So what you want is the text outside the yellow box?<br />
<br />
Try placeing the text outside the <table> </table> tags. To have the text at the top place it before the opening <table> and at the bottom after the </table>. Hope this is what you are looking for.<!--content-->

Back