Please help me understand this, I think this might be my meal ticket!

liunx

Ok, here's the deal! I will be working with alot of layers and I need to code for cross browser capability(of coarse). Well, I figure out that this,...<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
<title>TEST</title><br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
.divSty {position:absolute;height:50px;width:200px;top:50px;left:50px;background-color:red;clip:rect(0, 200, 50, 0);}<br />
</style><br />
</head><br />
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000"><br />
<div id="divLink" class="divSty">DIV</div><br />
</body><br />
</html><br />
<br />
... layer works in IE and NS. The only problem with it is that I can't get the height or width to work in NS. Now, I read in the reference section of DreamWeaver that,...<br />
<br />
"Navigator cinches up the height of the box to accommodate the content(as if the height atribute is perennially set to auto), unless you also adjust the clipping rectangle."<br />
<br />
... so from what I understand, NS clips the the content of the layer so no matter what you set the height to,... you won't see it. But, if you adjust the clip rectangle you will. Did I get that right? Sound right? THEN WHY ISN'T IT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH NS SUCKS!!!!! Please help me out here:) Thank you in advance!<!--content-->GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!! NOW I CAN SLEEP!<!--content-->

Back