Placing images flush against table edge

liunx

I am trying to make a table with a "filleted" look by placing arc shaped graphics in each corner of the table. I want these graphics to blend in with the page background which is the same color as the graphics. I have placed the upper left corner graphic in a table with border = 0, cellspacing = 0 and cellpadding = 0, in the first TR as the first cell using the align = left attribute for the image. The problem is that in IE a narrow vertical strip (maybe 5 pixels wide) of the table cell background color shows up between the image and the page background. I have croped the image canvas in Fireworks, and nothing appears on the left side of the image in an image editor. What is causing this problem? How can I eliminate this gap? :confused:<!--content-->I think this problem happened to me for a long time ago. I got very desperate since I had no clue what was wrong. Then, I deleted all align tags and the gap disappeared!<br />
<br />
I don't know if this affects in any way, but try it anyway. And check that the dimensions of the images match with the table cells' dimensions!<!--content-->do you have a url?<!--content-->Yes, thank you. It was the "align" tag that was causing the problem. Eliminating the "align" tags will solve the problem for the left-hand corners of the page but what can I do about the right-hand corners? Any ideas? Sorry, I haven't put the site up yet so it does not have a URL.<!--content-->I meant "align" img tag attribute.<!--content-->:cool: Thx for the replies. Putting each graphic in its own dedicated cell solved the problem.<!--content-->

Back