pictures leeched from site

how do i stop pictures being taken from my site using right, thanks for any help<!--content-->there is a script to stop this i got it if you want it contact me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --><!--content-->You could have just posted the script, Morph.<br />
<br />
Besides, there is no way to stop people from taking images from your site - a no right click script just annoys visitors.<!--content-->However, a no right click cript can act as a deterent, so here is my personal favourite:<br />
<br />
(This script doesn't display a message when you right click, so it isn't annoying and that's why I like it.)<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.a1javascripts.com/essential_scripts/norightclickna/norightclickna.html">http://www.a1javascripts.com/essential_ ... ickna.html</a><!-- m --><!--content-->Question isn't it true that<br />
this script is not fool-proof, it will <br />
not work on a a browser which doesn't support <br />
JavaScript, or if you have javascript enabled?<br />
If you do have one that is fool-proof please let me know.<br />
louisa<!--content-->No it's not foolproof, but for your novice websurfer (and most browsers are javascript enabled these days) it will stop them.<br />
<br />
There is no 'fool proof' way. If you don't want people to steal your images then the only way to stop them is by not putting them on your site in the first place.<!--content-->That is what I mean., If you just simply disable java to get the picture and then set your setting back again.<br />
And yes maybe it would help protect some.But still it gives a false feeling of protection don't you think? It is like just hanging a sign on your door saying "locked" and hope no one comes in.Thats all folks<br />
louisa<!--content-->And there are much simpler ways than disabling javascript, you could view the source code, get the image url, and then go to it that way, or you could get the image from your temp folders.<br />
<br />
So no, it doesn't stop people but it is a deterrent. - Just like putting a sign on your gate that says "Beware of the Dog!".<!--content-->There's no-way you can stop someone, but you can make it a little difficult for them.<!--content-->or you could make your site password protected and then get people to join it and the members have access to the pictures and no one else<!--content-->Originally posted by Morph <br />
or you could make your site password protected and then get people to join it and the members have access to the pictures and no one else <br />
<br />
The way you say that, Morph, it makes me wonder what type of 'pictures' you're talking about! ;)<!--content-->Originally posted by Mark <br />
There's no-way you can stop someone, but you can make it a little difficult for them. <br />
<br />
Exactly.<!--content-->Originally posted by Morph <br />
or you could make your site password protected and then get people to join it and the members have access to the pictures and no one else <br />
<br />
Seriously, though, 'members' of your site are just as likely to steal your images, this way you just get to choose who you let steal them.<!--content-->

Back