Picture protection

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Can I get a script that protects pictures on my webpage?<br />
<br />
I also have a window that opens automaticly to enlarge a picture, is it possible to get that picture protected?<br />
<br />
Im doing this so peoples pictures will not be copyed for other people to use.<!--content-->http://www.webdevfaqs.com/general.php#protectimage<!--content-->No, the best thing you can do is slap up copyright notices, and watermark the pictures.<!--content-->It's impossible to do this. There's a variety of ways to easily retrieve your picture after visiting your page. All images are temporarily stored inside the Temporary Internet Files folder, and all you need to know is the name of the picture, and then you can find it in that folder. You can, however, stop people from right-clicking and saving your image. This will stop most newbies. Try this script, I found it at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.codewarden.com">http://www.codewarden.com</a><!-- m -->: />
<br />
<script language="JavaScript"><br />
<br />
<!--<br />
// No rightclick script.<br />
// Find more great scripts and applets at the JavaFile!<br />
// <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.javafile.com">http://www.javafile.com</a><!-- m --><br />
// Do not delete this header!<br />
<br />
var message="No right clicking!"; // Put your message for the alert box between the quotes.<br />
<br />
// Don't edit below!<br />
<br />
function click(e) {<br />
if (document.all) {<br />
if (event.button == 2) {<br />
alert(message);<br />
return false;<br />
}<br />
}<br />
if (document.layers) {<br />
if (e.which == 3) {<br />
alert(message);<br />
return false;<br />
}<br />
}<br />
}<br />
if (document.layers) {<br />
document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);<br />
}<br />
document.onmousedown=click;<br />
// --> <br />
<br />
</script><!--content-->Right-click scripts suck.<!--content-->Lotus, check out the link I provided. No right click Javascript is stupid and I openly mock it for it's futility.<!--content-->Originally posted by pyro <br />
Right-click scripts suck. <br />
Couldn't have said it any better myself.<!--content-->you can always break out the digital camera ans take a picture so it's useless to try and protect them from everything<!--content-->print scr --> paste into paint --> save --> if all else fails. Or you can open firebird, turn off java script, right click the heck out of them and save it. Or you can go to file save and save the whole document. Or you can go into your temp files, or go directly through it via history. Or you can drag the image into the status bar and thus own it in its own window. The ways are numberous, there are many more I did not list.<!--content-->i was reading somewhere some people who disabled the print scr button, much better to just make people not try to take it then stop them from being able, after all you are giving them the webpage every time the go there<!--content-->Originally posted by PeOfEo <br />
Or you can open firebird, turn off java script, right click the heck out of them and save it. <br />
You might not even have to do that, I haven't run into a no right-click script yet that blocks FireBird.<!--content-->well that is just one of the many ways, you dont neccessarily need firebird, open up ns4, that browser doesnt read crap, you can right click ppl with that too. I was just making a list of the ways. I use firebird as my default browser, so when I want an image, I actually just drag it into the status bar, but, when I need to go around that java script for something else, I just turn it off.<!--content-->you might try having the link open up a new window with the image as the background. if you put one of those stinky right click disable scripts on the page, the picture might not show up or something like that. i have no idea, it's just a thought.<!--content-->yeah you could disable javascript or drag it up in IE too<!--content-->i tried.<!--content-->there is one way to protect images that will never fail. I guarantee it. It is so great always works. No hacker can get them. It is very simple too. Here is how to do it: Dont put them on the internet.<!--content-->now that's just TOO darn logical! God forbid sarcasm online, but...wow! i wonder if anyone here has ever used a computer...<br />
kudos to PeOfEo. well played.<!--content-->Originally posted by PeOfEo <br />
there is one way to protect images that will never fail. I guarantee it. It is so great always works. No hacker can get them. It is very simple too. Here is how to do it: Dont put them on the internet. <br />
<br />
That's the only way. As far as turning off [Prt Scr], which I have never heard of, just focus on the desktop or another window, any script that was capturing keys would no longer be receiving them.<!--content-->print screen takes a screen shot, I did not think you could turn it off, but even if you could, it would be done with java script, whoopty do, I can turn java script off quite easily.<!--content-->

Back