Phpnuke - Root Level Installation

liunx

Using the automated install of PHPnuke from cpanel, it will only allow an install in a subdirectory off of the root level. How do I get PHPnuke to become my default home page without using an HTTP redirect which causes a delay?<br /><br />I assume a manual install would fix this, but I am asking if there is an easy fix for the automated installation?<br /><br />Thanks in advance for any info - it's my first time using PHPnuke.<!--content-->
I have another PHPnuke/phpbb question and I didn't want to make a new topic, so here it is. If anyone can field this for me it would be appreciated. Thanks.<br /><br />I get an error when trying to restore a PHPbb database from another installation. I have set up the forum structure to mirror the old install, but when I try to restore the database from within PHPbbNUKE forums management, I get this error:<br /><br />Fatal error: Call to undefined function: phpbb_realpath() in /home/pwakcaen/public_html/dukey/modules/Forums/admin/admin_db_utilities.php on line 906<br /><br /><br />line 906 in admin_db_utilities.php says:<br /><br />if( file_exists(phpbb_realpath($backup_file_tmpname)) )<br /><br /><br />??<!--content-->
The best way to use Nuke in the root is to do a manual install. <br /><br />As for the error, The database layout for phpbb and the ported version phpbb in Nuke are not the same. The are utilities for this, just check NukeCops.com<!--content-->
Thanks for the quick reply, Dick. You saved me some time and answered both my questions!<br /><br /><br /> woooot<!--content-->

Back