PHP while loop to generate a KML file

dougys69

Given a MySQL table of real estate data, I would like to generate a KML file with the following output: \[code\]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2"> <Document> <Placemark> <name>Property Address Pulled from Address Field</name> <description> Some descriptive data pulled from table inserted here. </description> <Point> <coordinates>Latitude FROM Lat,Long FROM Lng</coordinates> </Point> </Placemark> </Document></kml>\[/code\]This is the code I have so far. As you can see, I am having trouble writting a loop that will structure my KML as shown above. Any help is highly appreciated!\[code\]<?php require("phpsqlgeocode_dbinfo.php");// Start XML file, create parent node$dom = new DOMDocument('1.0', 'UTF-8');$dom->formatOutput = true; //This was added from the PHP Doc. Nice output.// Creates the root KML element and appends it to the root document.$node = $dom->createElementNS('http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2', 'kml');$parNode = $dom->appendChild($node);// Creates a KML Document element and append it to the KML element.$dnode = $dom->createElement('Document');$docNode = $parNode->appendChild($dnode);// Opens a connection to a mySQL server$connection=mysql_connect (localhost, $username, $password);if (!$connection) { die("Not connected : " . mysql_error());}// Set the active mySQL database$db_selected = mysql_select_db($database, $connection);if (!$db_selected) { die ("Can\'t use db : " . mysql_error());}// Search the rows in the markers table$query = sprintf("SELECT * FROM markers");$result = mysql_query($query);if (!$result) { die("Invalid query: " . mysql_error());}header("Content-type: application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml");// Iterate through the rows, adding KML nodes for eachwhile ($row = @mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){ $dnode = $dom->createElement("Placemark"); $newnode = $docNode->appendChild($dnode); $newnode = $newnode->createElement("Name"); $newnode = $newnode->createElement("Description"); $newnode = $newnode->createElement("Coordinates"); }echo $dom->saveXML() . "\n";?>\[/code\]

Back