PHP: Stripping space, but not the space in the middle?

nultneelm

How can i strip spaces/whitespaces $full_name, while i have this:\[code\]list($firstname, $lastname) = array_map('ucfirst', explode(' ', $full_name, 2));\[/code\]Or maybe you should strip the spaces of the $firstname, $lastname ?Right now i have these issues i want to fix:If you search with space before nickname e.g " Jackson" then it will just show every row in the db.If you just enter a space in the field (called) $_POST["search"] it will also show every row in the db.Here's my full code at the moment:\[code\]if(isset($_POST["search"]) && !empty($_POST["search"])) {$full_name = strtolower(mysql_real_escape_string($_POST["search"]));$sex = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST["sex"]);list($firstname, $lastname) = array_map('ucfirst', explode(' ', $full_name, 2));if (!$lastname) $lastname = $firstname; $query = "SELECT firstname, lastname, id, user_name, sex, last_access, bostadsort FROM users WHERE (firstname LIKE '%$firstname%' OR lastname LIKE '%$lastname%')"; if(!empty($sex)){ $sql .= "AND sex = '$sex'";}$result1 = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());$count = mysql_num_rows($result1);while($get = mysql_fetch_array ($result1)){$Matchy = $get["firstname"] . " " . $get["lastname"];$Matchy = str_replace(" ","",strtolower($Matchy));if(str_replace(" ","",strtolower($full_name)) == $Matchy){ echo "Match fully, redirect.."; }$re_fname='<b>'.$firstname.'</b>'; $re_lname='<b>'.$lastname.'</b>';$final_fname = str_ireplace($firstname, $re_fname, $get["firstname"]);$final_lname = str_ireplace($lastname, $re_lname, $get["lastname"]);echo $final_fname . " " .$final_lname."<br>";} echo "You searched for " . $firstname . " ". $lastname ." with sex: ". $sex . " results: " .$count;}\[/code\]

Back