PHP: Running function + move_uploaded_file won't do?

uuuiiio

In my upload photo script, at the processing part, when it moves the upload file to the uploaded_files:\[code\]@move_uploaded_file($_FILES[$fieldname]['tmp_name'], $uploadFilename) or error('receiving directory insuffiecient permission', $uploadForm);\[/code\]Before this I added a function:\[code\]makeThumbnail($_FILES[$fieldname]['type'], $_FILES[$fieldname]['name'], $_FILES[$fieldname]['size'], $_FILES[$fieldname]['tmp_name'], 100);\[/code\]that makes it a thumbnail. I wish to have the original image and a thumbnail of it, but somehow it only works if I either remove the \[code\]makeThumbnail()\[/code\] or \[code\]move_uploaded_file()\[/code\], and then I can't get both the image and the thumbnail...I think it's because the tmp_name gets removed after one of these have been executed, so what do I do to keep it for the both?My thumb function:\[code\]function makeThumbnail($type, $name, $size, $tmp_name, $thumbSize) { $path_thumbs = "uploaded_files/"; $img_thumb_width = $thumbSize; // $extlimit = "yes"; //Limit allowed extensions? (no for all extensions allowed) //List of allowed extensions if extlimit = yes $limitedext = array(".gif",".jpg",".png",".jpeg",".bmp"); //the image -> variables $file_type = $type; $file_name = $name; $file_size = $size; $file_tmp = $tmp_name; //check if you have selected a file. if(!is_uploaded_file($file_tmp)){ echo "Error: Please select a file to upload!. <br>--<a href=http://stackoverflow.com/"$_SERVER[PHP_SELF]\">back</a>"; exit(); //exit the script and don't process the rest of it! } //check the file's extension $ext = strrchr($file_name,'.'); $ext = strtolower($ext); //uh-oh! the file extension is not allowed! if (($extlimit == "yes") && (!in_array($ext,$limitedext))) { echo "Wrong file extension. <br>--<a href=http://stackoverflow.com/"$_SERVER[PHP_SELF]\">back</a>"; exit(); } //so, whats the file's extension? $getExt = explode ('.', $file_name); $file_ext = $getExt[count($getExt)-1]; //create a random file name $rand_name = md5(time()); $rand_name= rand(0,999999999); //the new width variable $ThumbWidth = $img_thumb_width; ///////////////////////////////// // CREATE THE THUMBNAIL // //////////////////////////////// //keep image type if($file_size){ if($file_type == "image/pjpeg" || $file_type == "image/jpeg"){ $new_img = imagecreatefromjpeg($file_tmp); }elseif($file_type == "image/x-png" || $file_type == "image/png"){ $new_img = imagecreatefrompng($file_tmp); }elseif($file_type == "image/gif"){ $new_img = imagecreatefromgif($file_tmp); } //list the width and height and keep the height ratio. list($width, $height) = getimagesize($file_tmp); //calculate the image ratio $imgratio=$width/$height; if ($imgratio>1){ $newwidth = $ThumbWidth; $newheight = $ThumbWidth/$imgratio; }else{ $newheight = $ThumbWidth; $newwidth = $ThumbWidth*$imgratio; } //function for resize image. if (function_exists(imagecreatetruecolor)){ $resized_img = imagecreatetruecolor($newwidth,$newheight); }else{ die("Error: Please make sure you have GD library ver 2+"); } //the resizing is going on here! imagecopyresampled($resized_img, $new_img, 0, 0, 0, 0, $newwidth, $newheight, $width, $height); //finally, save the image ImageJpeg ($resized_img,"$path_thumbs/$rand_name.$file_ext", 100); ImageDestroy ($resized_img); ImageDestroy ($new_img); } //ok copy the finished file to the thumbnail directory // move_uploaded_file ($file_tmp, "$path_big/$rand_name.$file_ext"); exit();}\[/code\]

Back