PHP not including connection info, what's wrong?

DaveG

I'm trying to roll a CMS website and I'm on 1and1 Internet's hosting. I'm trying to connect to my MySQL database and I get the following error:\[quote\] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)\[/quote\]After some frustration, I decided to check my include and it turns out that the following code is not including my connection variables file.admin.php\[code\]<?phpinclude("connection.php");$link = mysql_connect($connection_server, $connection_user, $connection_password);if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());}echo 'Connected successfully';mysql_close($link);?>\[/code\]connection.php\[code\]<?php/* --------------------------------------// Bitachon.org Connection Variables/ / Created by: Moshe [Last Name]/// Date: October 12, 2010/// This file contains the connection / variable to connect to the MySQL/ database that powers [site]// --------------------------------------*///Variable to confirm that the file has been included$connnections_included = true;/* --- Connection Variables ---*/$connnection_server = "[server]";$connection_database = "[db]";$connection_user = "[username]";$connection_password = "[password]";?>\[/code\]What's wrong?

Back