PHP/MySQL Hide file links

paulalexjmekaka

i am using PHP to connect to a MySQL Database and customers can login to my website and it lists rows form a table based on their login etc.I need to be able to display a \[code\]<a href="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15888856/...."></a>\[/code\] link to a file name in the database but i don't want users to be able to see the link to the file.for example, they can download file \[code\]1234.pdf\[/code\] and if they can view the actual link, they might think of going to the same location but doing file \[code\]5678.pdf\[/code\] which is only meant for another user to download.so basically i want to hide the link in a long string or something but i'm not sure where to start - any ideas?ThanksEDIT:lets say Customer A logs in, they can view rows from table1TABLE1customer file_linkA 1234.pdfA 5678.pdfB 8765.pdfB 4321.pdfso, i dont want customer A to be able to view the links for customer B.i mean, if customer A hovers over a link and can see the main file path they can type this in their web browser and then change the file name (guess it) to something else and download another customers file(s)