PHP Maths on SQL Data

lucestar

im not sure if this is php or mysql maths question.Ive got a table full of data, and although i can echo the individual data to the screen or echo and individual piece of data using php. I've no idea how to perform maths on the data itself.For simplicity, say my table has 4 columns, an id column and three with my data i want to multiply in them, data1, data2 and data 3, and is layed out something like this\[code\]id data1 data2 data31 2.5 2.6 2.72 2.6 7.0 8.23 3.0 1.8 6.0\[/code\]what i want to be able to do maths like the following....data1(row1) x data(row2) x data3(row) or data1(column2) x data(column 3) x data3(column3).Im able to use a while loop to loop thru the data, but i can only echo each row with the various field names and its values to the screen. ive no idea how to multiply fields in different rows together. Actually i would also like to be able to now only multiple the rows together, but also add them, divide them etc.The final table of data im likely to need to do this on is likely to include many columns and have multiple rows. yet im basically stuck as to how to get all the data, one from each column and get it to do maths on it one at a time, being putting it in a loop?any ideascheers

Back