PHP: Making thumbnail, why do i get these errors?

Nj0y

When i made this function:\[code\]function makeThumbnail($type, $name, $size, $tmp_name, $thumbSize) {//make sure this directory is writable!$path_thumbs = "uploaded_files/"; //the new width of the resized image, in pixels.$img_thumb_width = $thumbSize; // $extlimit = "yes"; //Limit allowed extensions? (no for all extensions allowed)//List of allowed extensions if extlimit = yes$limitedext = array(".gif",".jpg",".png",".jpeg",".bmp"); //the image -> variables$file_type = $type;$file_name = $name;$file_size = $size; $file_tmp = $tmp_name;//check if you have selected a file.echo $file_tmp."<br>";echo $file_name."<br>";echo $file_type."<br>";echo $file_size."<br>";if(!is_uploaded_file($file_tmp)){echo "Error: Please select a file to upload!. <br>--<a href=http://stackoverflow.com/"$_SERVER[PHP_SELF]\">back</a>";exit(); //exit the script and don't process the rest of it!}//check the file's extension$ext = strrchr($file_name,'.');$ext = strtolower($ext);//uh-oh! the file extension is not allowed!if (($extlimit == "yes") && (!in_array($ext,$limitedext))) {echo "Wrong file extension. <br>--<a href=http://stackoverflow.com/"$_SERVER[PHP_SELF]\">back</a>";exit();}//so, whats the file's extension?$getExt = explode ('.', $file_name);$file_ext = $getExt[count($getExt)-1];//create a random file name$rand_name = md5(time());$rand_name= rand(0,999999999);//the new width variable$ThumbWidth = $img_thumb_width;/////////////////////////////////// CREATE THE THUMBNAIL ////////////////////////////////////keep image typeif($file_size){if($file_type == "image/pjpeg" || $file_type == "image/jpeg"){$new_img = imagecreatefromjpeg($file_tmp);}elseif($file_type == "image/x-png" || $file_type == "image/png"){$new_img = imagecreatefrompng($file_tmp);}elseif($file_type == "image/gif"){$new_img = imagecreatefromgif($file_tmp);}//list the width and height and keep the height ratio.list($width, $height) = getimagesize($file_tmp);//calculate the image ratio$imgratio=$width/$height;if ($imgratio>1){$newwidth = $ThumbWidth;$newheight = $ThumbWidth/$imgratio;}else{$newheight = $ThumbWidth;$newwidth = $ThumbWidth*$imgratio;}//function for resize image.if (function_exists(imagecreatetruecolor)){$resized_img = imagecreatetruecolor($newwidth,$newheight);}else{die("Error: Please make sure you have GD library ver 2+");}//the resizing is going on here!imagecopyresampled($resized_img, $new_img, 0, 0, 0, 0, $newwidth, $newheight, $width, $height);//finally, save the imageImageJpeg ($resized_img,"$path_thumbs/$rand_name.$file_ext", 100);ImageDestroy ($resized_img);ImageDestroy ($new_img);}//ok copy the finished file to the thumbnail directory// move_uploaded_file ($file_tmp, "$path_big/$rand_name.$file_ext");/*Don't want to copy it to a separate directory?Want to just display the image to the user?Follow the following steps:2. Uncomment this code:/* /* UNCOMMENT THIS IF YOU WANT */echo "OK THUMB " . $thumbSize;exit();//*///and you should be set!//success message, redirect to main page. $msg = urlencode("$title was uploaded! <a href=http://stackoverflow.com/"Resize.php\">Upload More?</a>");}\[/code\]Then it stopped working, but outside a function, it works good.As you can see i added "echo $file...." because i wanted to see if they have value, and they do have the right values.I just get the error Error: Please select a file to upload.This function is running after an normal upload image script(full size).When i call the function i do:\[code\]makeThumbnail($_FILES[$fieldname]['type'], $_FILES[$fieldname]['name'], $_FILES[$fieldname]['size'], $_FILES[$fieldname]['tmp_name'], 100);\[/code\]At my other file where its not in a function, theres no difference only that the variables is:\[code\]$file_type = $_FILES['file']['type'];$file_name = $_FILES['file']['name'];$file_size = $_FILES['file']['size'];$file_tmp = $_FILES['file']['tmp_name'];\[/code\]But it should work, I cant find anything wrong, but it doesnt and i keep getting that error. If i remove the is_uploaded_file function, i get a bunch of another errors.

Back