PHP help multi step form

Elias

I am creating a multi-step form, and I am struggling to pass around the ID's to each step of the form, below is my code\[code\] function add_career() { $data = http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3855622/array(); $this->load->model('admin_model'); $this->load->library('form_validation'); if($this->input->post('career_set') == 'Save') { $this->form_validation->set_rules('career_name', 'Career name', 'required|min_length[3]'); $this->form_validation->set_rules('career_desc', 'Career description', 'required|max_length[3000]'); $this->form_validation->set_rules('useful_info', 'Useful Information', 'max_length[1000]'); $this->form_validation->set_rules('useful_links', 'Useful Links', 'max_length[1000]'); if ($this->form_validation->run() == FALSE) { $this->template->build('admin/add_career'); } else { if($this->input->post('degree_needed')) { $degree_needed = 'Yes'; } else { $degree_needed = 'No'; } $this->load->model('careers'); $insertCareer = $this->careers->save( $this->input->post('career_name'), $this->input->post('career_desc'), $degree_needed, $this->input->post('useful_info'), $this->input->post('useful_links') ); //save the data in the session, so we can to it if need be $this->career_id = $this->db->insert_id; $this->session->set_userdata($insertCareer); //$this->firephp->log($this->session->userdata($this->career_id, 'Career ID')); } } $this->career_id = $this->db->insert_id(); if($this->input->post('salary_set') == 'Save') { $this->firephp->log($this->career_id); $this->form_validation->set_rules('basic_salary', 'Basic salary', 'required|max_length[12]'); $this->form_validation->set_rules('trained_salary', 'Fully trained salary', 'required|max_length[12]'); $this->form_validation->set_rules('progressed_salary', 'Progressing onto salary', 'required|max_length[12]'); $this->form_validation->set_rules('average_salary', 'Average salary', 'required|max_length[12]'); if ($this->form_validation->run() == FALSE) { $this->template->build('admin/add_career'); } else { $this->load->model('salaries'); $insertSalary = $this->salaries->save( $this->input->post('basic_salary'), $this->input->post('trained_salary'), $this->input->post('progressed_salary'), $this->input->post('average_salary'), $this->career_id ); $this->session->set_userdata($insertSalary); $this->firephp->log($insertSalary); } } if($this->input->post('course_grades_set') == 'Save') { //first off we need to save the grade details $this->load->model('grades'); $this->load->model('course'); $this->firephp->log(count($_POST['grade_desc'])); foreach ($_POST['grade_desc'] as $k => $v) { $this->firephp->log($v, 'Looped Results'); $insertGrade = $this->grades->save($v, $this->session->userdata('career_id')); // theorertically we should be able to save the assicated course at the same time using $k $insertCourse = $this->course->save( $_POST['course_type'][$k], $_POST['course_names'][$k], $_POST['course_links'][$k], $this->db->insert_id() ); $this->firephp->log($insertGrade, $k); $this->firephp->log($insertCourse, $k); } //$insertGrades = $this->grades->save() //); } $this->template->build('admin/add_career', $data);}\[/code\]I need to get the last inserted id from the section that saves the career, and pass it to the next step that saves the salary details, at the moment, all I get is a null variable. The var i am is \[code\]$this->career_id\[/code\];If anyone can explain how I can get the last inserted id into the last section of the form.Many thanks

Back