Php Files

liunx

Hello,<br /><br />Ok I may confuse some of you and then again I may not. I am trying my hardest to figure out php. Yes i am a newbie when it comes to this. I have a working template for Php which will allow me to build my site. It has everything I need but when I tried to upload it to the page I remembered I had to set up the sql server or I could use phpadmin to do it from the cpanel. This is where I get totally lost. In this template It already had it set up for me ( I know easy mans way out ) I figured I would have this done and working in no time on my own. 12 hours later I am about to cry my eyes out. <br /><br />1) When I upload the files do I put them in there own directory or do I leave them in the public_html directory?<br /><br />2) Is there a way I can copy the database I have with this template into my site databse from phpadmin<br /><br />3) If not how do I go about setting it up? That is the hardest thing I have had to figure out.<br /><br />4) Should I just give up and go with normal html? I was all excited when my account was activated and had everything set to go and then my boat got a hole in it and I slowly sank.<br /><br />Sorry right now my brain is Toasted and I don't know if this makes much sense. Any help would be appreciated or any suggestions. I know the easiest thing is to give up and I really do not want to.<br /><br />A Humble newbie <br />Doug<!--content-->
The files need to go inthe public_html folder, make sure you read the script to determine if a special folder name is required, in most cases it is not.<br /><br />You could try to install the script and then use the restore function in cpanel to restore your old db over your new one. I think that is what you were asking.<br /><br />In cpanel - under Databases - click on Manage MYsql then create a DB and add a user its really that simple.<br /><br />Here is some complete docs on MYsql<br /><br /><a href="http://www.mysql.com/documentation/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.mysql.com/documentation/index.html</a><!--content-->
Thank you for you information. You were correct in what I needed to do. I now have my site up and running. Getting better at understanding what needs to be done and once these pages are set up how easy they are to manage.<br /><br />My site is:<br />www.peckonline.com<br /><br />***warning it is a Americas Army clan page and you must be at least 13 to enter***<br /><br />Yes there is <u><b>one</b></u> bad word on the site but I did not pick the name.<br /><br />Thanks again<br />Eck<br /><br />Ps. Thanks to all of you at ***** This is my first experiance at using a hosting service and well you have made everything GREAT! I will recommend you to everyone I know who needs hosting service.<!--content-->
We are so glad you like our services. Thanks for the warning on your website.<br /><br />Sweet site however!!!!<!--content-->

Back