PHP File Upload greater than upload_max_filesize and error

Gypeexped

How can I catch an error on a file uploaded to my web server that is greater than php upload_max_filesize? My question is similar to so/large-file-upload-errors-with-php although my memory limit is set to 512M so the resolution that question used will not help me.I am trying to upload a file 6.9MB for example and my upload_max_filesize = 6M. My script basically just stops executing and I cannot tell where or why. Also, I have error reporting turned on. Also I should note that files <6MB I can upload and process correctly with the following code: \[code\]if(isset($_FILES['file']['name']) and !empty($_FILES['file']['name'])){ $info = pathinfo($_FILES['file']['name']); $ext = $info['extension']; //verify file is of allowed types if(Mimetypes::isAllowed($ext)){ if(filesize($_FILES['file']['tmp_name']) <= AttachmentUploader::$maxFilesize){ $a = new AttachmentUploader(); //for file uploading if($a->uploadFile($_FILES['file'], 'incident', $_POST['sys_id'])){ header("location: ".$links['status']."?item=incident&action=update&status=1&place=".urlencode($links['record']."id=".$_POST['sys_id'])); }else{ header("location: ".$links['status']."?item=incident&action=update&status=-1&place=".urlencode($links['record']."id=".$_POST['sys_id'])); } }else{ $errors[] = 'The file you attempted to upload is too large. 0.5MB is the maximum allowed size for a file. If you are trying to upload an image, it may need to be scaled down.'; } }else{ $errors[] = 'The file you attempted to upload is not allowed. Acceptable extensions: jpg, gif, bmp, png, xls, doc, docx, txt, pdf'; }}else{ $errors[] = 'Please attach a file.';}\[/code\]My php.ini settings:\[code\];;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Resource Limits ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;max_execution_time = 7200 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in secondsmemory_limit = 512M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB);;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; File Uploads ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Whether to allow HTTP file uploads.file_uploads = On; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not; specified).upload_tmp_dir = /tmp; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.upload_max_filesize = 6M\[/code\]

Back