PHP : Delayed database request also without live page

passports

So for example I click a button what will send something to the database after 1 minutes, but I want to send it also \[code\]if I leave the page\[/code\] :) So if I leave the page when 30 seconds left from the 1 minutes the countdown will continue until reaches 60 seconds, then sends the data to the database.Hope it's clear. I think that I should use for this \[code\]SESSION\[/code\]'s but please let me know if you know the answer, or anything helpful :)example: on http://www.travian.com/, when when you start building something, you get a countdown "will be finished in xx:xx:xx"; yet you don't need to keep the browser open - the countdown still runs on the server, even if you log out.Or lets say a real life example:Imagine a blogging system like wordpress, where I write \[code\]10\[/code\] posts a day but I want to show for the users only \[code\]5/day\[/code\].Or I want to show to users at 8:00 \[code\]A.M.\[/code\] Or another one taken from travian:Imagine a \[code\]game\[/code\] where you can create troops, but to create troops you need to wait because life's not easy :D, so \[code\]for a troop\[/code\] you need to wait \[code\]1 minutes\[/code\].

Back