PHP authentication + mod_rewrite

songokuze

I have a PHP script that tests is the user is logged in, for every page he accesses in a certain subdirectory. If he's logged in, he gets the page, otherwise he gets redirected to a login page. Instead of including this into every file (not possible since some are binary), I set up .htaccess like this\[code\]RewriteEngine OnRewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^$RewriteRule (.*) /check.php?filename=special/$1\[/code\]And the contents of check.php are\[code\]if (!isset($_SESSION['username'])){ header("location: /login.html"); die();}$filename = $_GET['filename'];include($filename);\[/code\]The problem is that check.php is vulnerable to local file inclusion because I can pass ../ in filename to move to the parent directory and even leave /var/www. How can I restrict it to only reading from the special directory, or is there any way I can un-rewrite if the PHP check passes to allow Apache to read the target file instead of the PHP script reading the file?Edit I also have subdirectories in the special directory. check.php is in the parent directory of the special directory.

Back