PHP array to XML function

Aliniangole

I'm receiving a JSON string in a PHP page : \[code\]$JSON = $_POST['submit'];$Array = json_decode($JSON);$xml = arrayToXML($Array,"","root");echo $xml;\[/code\]where arrayToXML is a function I made for the puropose.The function works fine, but there are a couple problems I'd like to fix:1.Duplicate Tags:Let's say we have a JSON string such as \[code\]{element:[{sub1:xxxx,sub2:xxx},{sub1:xxxx,sub2:xxx},{sub1:xxxx,sub2:xxx}]}\[/code\]the corresponding XML would be like\[code\]<element> <sub1>xxxx</sub1> <sub2>xxx</sub2></element><element> <sub1>xxxx</sub1> <sub2>xxx</sub2></element><element> <sub1>xxxx</sub1> <sub2>xxx</sub2></element>\[/code\]But the recursion of my function duplicates the first tag and the last one. I can see why it does so, but I can't figure out a way to fix it. So I solved this by preg_replacing duplicate tags. Is there a better way to fix this? It's really been couple days I've been thinking on this.2. Indentation:I wanted the function to generate the xml in a fancy human readable way, so I put newlines between adjacent tags, but how can I define correct nested indentation?I tryied this:\[code\]$xml = preg_replace("/(\t*)(<\/?.+>)(<\/?.+>)/","$2\n$1\t$3",$xml);\[/code\]but turns out to be compleately wrog. What would be a correct one?Many thanks.

Back