Php and XML feed. Where to start? Need some good heads for ideas

DanielR

As allways I'm abit over my head but this time I'm really pushing myself. hehe.I dont have any code yet for my new little project because I'm not really sure where to start.Here is the background info of what I need to do.What I'm trying to do is a "status indicator" for one of my (adult) wecam advertising sites.The performers who is online are listed in a XML (online.xml). Thats fair enough to pull out but here is where it stops for me.What I need to make is a simple php script (ex. status.php?id=performername) that will check if the performers name is in the xml list or not and give me a online/offline reply. All good ideas and help are very welcomed. :)XML Example (cleaned version)\[code\]<webcams_online><webcam account="a6632" sex="F" star="N" nickname="18brunette" priority="11289" preview_webcam="6632_webcam.jpg" number_visitors="none"></webcam><webcam account="a18205" sex="F" star="N" nickname="Attraction" priority="11155" preview_webcam="18205_webcam.jpg" number_visitors="none"></webcam></webcams_online>\[/code\]

Back