PDF in page

Is there a way to embed a PDF document into a page so that you don't get the "Save or Open" dialog?<!--content-->no, unless the user has adobe reader then it usually opens it up in the browser.<br />
<br />
actually if this is on an Itranet then you could tell the users when they get the open save dialog to just unclick the box that says to always ask this. then it should open all the time. but that is not very secure. but seeing as you are on intranet it shouldn't matter. the thing is you have to do it to every machine in the building.<!--content-->We use IE 5.5 and Adobe Reader is installed on all PC's.<br />
<br />
Does this mean that IE will open the PDF in it's own window by default, or do we have to set an option?<!--content-->should open in a window by default. mine does anyway.<!--content-->Thanks Scoutt - I appreciate your help.<br />
<br />
It works in mine too, but I have found that this is never a good indicator. We have four different OS's out there with a pick 'n' mix of software. The best I can do is prove it on my bosses PC and ship it out and hope for the best. <br />
<br />
Maybe when it doesn't work they'll give us the budget to update everyone ;)<!--content-->Originally posted by Stu_J <br />
Maybe when it doesn't work they'll give us the budget to update everyone ;) <br />
<br />
maybe you should make it not work on purpose! heheheheh<!--content-->

Back