Passing zeros with a form

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm new and I need help.<br />
<br />
I have a form that is querying a database using XSQL and XSL pages. My question is actually very simple but the solution has eluded me thus far.<br />
<br />
I have a drop menu that contains values that are identical to those on the database in order to return a true query result. Unfortunately the data on the database has some values that start with zero - i.e. 0123.<br />
<br />
When I hit the submit button on my form, the first zero is not being passed therefore not giving me the results that I need.<br />
<br />
I have tried to put the html special character value of &-#-4-8-; (drop the dashes), but I still get the same "zeroless" results.<br />
<br />
What can I do to force the form to pass the front zeros?<br />
<br />
Thanks!<!--content-->can you give us some code to see what the problem might be.<!--content-->are you enclosing your values for the select in quotes? Also, can you view the selected value on the page level as a 0123 value?<!--content-->Here's the .xsl file that I'm using to create the form. This file has the javascript array that I'm using.<br />
<br />
Thanks!!<!--content-->MWAAAHHAHAAA!!!<br />
<br />
Dr. Web, that was it, I just had to enclose the value in single quotes... THANKS!!!!<!--content-->Put the values in single quotes...<br />
<br />
Oh, never mind - you've got it while I was typing.<br />
<br />
Whoops!<!--content-->

Back