Pass data to a view from an XML

smusernamek1

I've been reading these days about deserialization, DOM, LINQ to XML and LINQ to XSD... for a while, but as I am a newbie I don't really get the whole picture so I'll try to explain you my scenery:I fetch an xml from another's and I'm just trying to display the information that comes with it in an MVC project view.I don't really have an xsd so I reckon for deserializing it into an object I'll have to use XSD tool for creating an scheme, then a class which matches this scheme and then populate this class and use it in a view. I think this can be done just with a sample xml, am I right?Another option, is to create "my object" and populate it via DOM. I've done something similar lately (I posted a question about it) or even try some of the LINQ approaches (I've read the LINQ to XSD has been abandoned by Microsoft).For the simple thing I'm trying to do I would go for the LINQ to XML but to be honest I haven't understand fully all the differences I've read about the advantages and disadvantages of the different approaches so if someone could help me to decide I really appreciate it.Thanks in advance

Back