Parsing XML with Javascript (for eventual use in phonegap)

Cydia09

I'm trying to parse some XML results in javascript to use with phonegap. As it stands my xml layout is:\[code\]<Results> <Result> <FirstName>John</FirstName> <Surname>Beech</Surname> <Company>CompanyName</Company> <Job_Title>Property Department</Job_Title> <UserID>184</UserID> <CompanyID>CompanyID</CompanyID> </Result> <Result> <FirstName>Rosie</FirstName> <Surname>Beech</Surname> <Company>CompanyName</Company> <Job_Title>Job Title</Job_Title> <UserID>10494</UserID> <CompanyID>17322</CompanyID> </Result></Results>\[/code\]And I'm using the following javascript to at the moment just alert out the responses, but eventually I want to create a table of the responses.\[code\]<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> window.onload = function () { $.ajax({ type: 'GET', url: 'Lookupbysurname.aspx?surname=beech', dataType: 'html', success: function (data) { try { xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM"); xmlDoc.async = "false"; xmlDoc.loadXML(data); } catch (e) { try { parser = new DOMParser(); xmlDoc = parser.parseFromString(data, "text/xml"); } catch (e) { alert(e.message); return; } } for (var i = 0; i < xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName("CompanyID")[0].childNodes[0].length; i++) { alert(xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName("CompanyID")[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue); } } }); }</script>\[/code\]However at the moment it's only alerting the same response out over and over. Have I put the loop together wrong? Loops in JS arent my forte! Any help will be appreciated.

Back