Parsing a Separate PHP Array in Javascript

hyped

So, as sort of an exercise in learning, I am trying to port a site I was working on for someone, written in PHP, MySQL and CSS, over to Ajax (Specifically, really, just adding Javascript so that the page is dynamic instead of needing to constantly reload).Unfortunately, I have some scripts I'd like to keep as PHP (for instance, a script to update a database given an array of victims) because I need it to interact with a database, and this means that the array must stay as PHP (I think).So, given this file,\[code\]<?php$victims = array( // Animals "chickens", "horses", "cows", // Supernatural "werewolves", "zombies", "vampires", "phantoms", // Human "U.S. Congressmen", "performance artists", // Inanimate, non-mechanical "pieces of fencepost", "barnhouses", // Mechanical "robots", "cyborgs");?>\[/code\]is there a way to reach into that file using Javascript an extract a value?Or, come to think of it, would it be better to store the list of victims as an XML file so both the PHP and Javascript can read it? Or even, how would I go about doing that?

Back